Haaga-Helia students have excellent opportunities to acquire skills and experience needed in the global environment and in today’s working life.
Haaga-Helia degree student: for further information please go to Mynet.
The students of Haaga-Helia have a possibility to complete one semester of their studies abroad in one of the 200 partner universities. Student exchange is organised through Erasmus (European), Nordplus (Nordic), FIRST (Finland-Russia) or bilateral mobility programmes.
Some of our partner universities also offer a possibility to acquire a Double Degree. Double Degree students complete two semesters abroad and receive two diplomas.
Work placement abroad
Completing work placement abroad gives an excellent opportunity for students to increase their professional expertise, language skills and cultural awareness.
Haaga-Helia gives information, support and guidance on how to arrange your work placement abroad.
Short term studies in an international environment
In case a long student exchange period does not suit your schedule, attending a summer school or a short international intensive course abroad or in HAAGA-HELIA (one to eight weeks)
could be an option. The courses are accepted as part of your degree at Haaga-Helia.
Global learning environment
Haaga-Helia offers 9 bachelor’s degree programmes and 5 master’s degree programmes taught entirely in English.
In these degree programmes students from over 100 different nationalities study together.
Find out more about the bachelor's degree programmes
Find out more about the master's degree programmes
At Haaga-Helia you have a good opportunity to acquire extensive and versatile practical language skills. Our language selection includes Chinese, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
Through language studies you’ll also understand the significance of cultural differences in communication and thus be able to act in foreign languages in work assignments that correspond to your education.
International student organisations and tutoring
Haaga-Helia's student union HELGA coordinates three international activity groups:
- ESN-HELGA, taking care of Haaga-Helia's exchange students, organising tutoring, trips and events
- AIESEC Haaga-Helia, part of the international AIESEC organisation arranging international seminars and possibilities for an international work placement
- IDS - International Degree Students, supporting international degree students in becoming active members of the Haaga-Helia student community.
If you are interested in helping your fellow students, there are three forms of being a tutor: peer tutoring of international degree students, tutoring of exchange students and study related Callidus tutoring.
- The peer tutors welcome new students to our university and show them how things work in their own degree programme.
- Callidus tutor is a student who can help other students to understand better some subject or a specific field of expertise.
- ESN-HELGA tutors welcome yearly around 350 incoming exchange students to Haaga-Helia and introduce them the culture and customs of the new country.
More information about tutoring is available on HELGA's website.