Evgeny Lomtev moved to Helsinki from Saint Petersburg six years ago. He enjoys the Finnish capitals unique mixture of urban city and clean nature. What Lomtev likes the most in his International Business studies at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences is the flexibility and closeness to work life.
Bachelor of Business Adminstration student Evgeny Lomtev, 24, has lots of irons in the fire. The two-time national medalist in swimming shares his swimming technique tips in a popular YouTube channel and developes SwimUp, a mobile app to support swim training. Lomtev currently studies his third year in International Business Degree studies at Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences.
The young man already has a degree in structural engineering. He decided to study a bachelor's degree at Haaga-Helia's International Business to get state-of-the-art skills in finances, entrepreneurship and management.
– What’s great in studies at Haaga-Helia is the personalization, says Lomtev.
– You can choose your specialization minor or major track from Customer Relationship Management, and Communication, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management, Human Resource Management or Supply Chain Management, he says.
Lomtev’s own choice was Financial Management.
– In addition to choosing the unique specialization track, you can customize your studies towards several branches, all the way from start-up entrepreneurship to learning various languages. You can pick the courses that fit to your own career path, says the future BBA.
“Everything works in Finland”
Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences has 5 campuses all over southern Finland. Lomtev’s campus at Pasila is located in the heart of Helsinki, just 5 minutes from the city center.
Lomtev praises the level of education of the university.
– Teachers are really experienced. They may have worked over 10 years in their own field, and then came here to share their knowledge.
Projects and courses are executed in collaboration with real businesses. Companies are motivated to work with students, as it opens the door for recruiting international talents straight from the school bench.
– If you want to work in the best companies of the world, you need to come to Finland to study in Haaga-Helia, Lomtev encourages.
Haaga-Helia’s DNA is International. There’s plenty of exchange study and project opportunities abroad, and classes are represented by countless nationalities.
– In Helsinki, everything works as it should. Everything is organized at very high level, from public transport to health services.
–You’ll see, how everything is safe and clean, and there are so many beautiful people, says Lomtev.
Do you want to study in Finland and create a strong career path at International Business studies in Haaga-Helia? Apply 8.–22.1.!